As a DevOps Engineer you will be the Scrum Development Team member that implements the Product features that deliver incremental value to our users as well as a contributor to the Product cloud infrastructure. You will be accountable (together with your fellow Scrum Team members) for delivering according to sprint commitments.
Cultural fit expectations
We believe in creating a positive culture for all employees, and as Hindawi grows its office in Iasi time and care will need to be invested into nurturing the right team culture. Culture actively goes hand in hand with how we make decisions, how we manage people, how we define performance, and how we hire and compensate people; we want to be a company where employees enjoying coming into work, are excited and fulfilled by the work they do, a company where employees care about Hindawi and about each other.
We tend towards a Clan culture, as per the Competing Values Framework. We are looking for people that perform in this cultural setting.
Competency fit expectations
Proven experience with:
- Setting up and working with CI/CD environments
- Amazon Web Services
- Containerisation (Docker) and Container Orchestration Systems (mainly Kubernetes)
- Working knowledge of creating Infrastructure as Code using Terraform / Packer
- Experience creating PaaS/IaaS
- Setting up telemetry systems in the cloud
- Security best practices and coordinating penetration testing
- Running or participating in “Game days” (chaos engineering) events
- Running load tests and creating stress profiles of applications
- Deployment and management of large scale systems and estates